Monday, April 11, 2011

Writer's Block

I haven't been writing much lately and that includes my personal essay for grad school.  I think the wind making my boat keep on rolling down the river has somewhat deflated.

Just a couple of months ago I was so excited, so focused, and so hopeful for big changes to take place.  I was very careful to try and not get my hopes up since often time, big changes take time.  I knew with the return of my direct supervisor (who was on FMLA for a few months), that my direct contacts with my higher ups would be limited.  And now with this limited contact, I am afraid that the status quo is going to continue for some time to come.

I am still in the application process of grad school.  Writing my personal essay has been like pulling teeth.  Should it be short or long? Creative or business like?  My goal is to finish and send it off by the end of the week. 

Add to that all the craziness of Babypolooza 2011!  So many people are either pregnant or just had babies that it's gotten my uterus all crazed.  But that's a post for a different day. 

2 comments:

Mrs. Lukie said...

Writer's Block is the worst.

Ooh! Can't wait to read about the crazed uterus ;)

Nancy said...

Good luck for grad school! :)