Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Ups and Downs of Weight Loss

Yes, I still owe my ending to the jury story but I just wanted to do a quick catch up on my Weight Watchers journey.  I mentioned recently that I've fallen off the tracking horse and that I was going to get back on track.  Well I haven't.  And I'm pretty sure tomorrow's weigh in will reflect my recent indiscretions.

The last weigh in I tracked was on November 4th and I was down 1.4lbs.  Here's how things have been for the past month:
November 11th - down 1.8lbs (now over 30lbs lost! Happy Dance!)
November 18th - up 1.2lbs
November 23rd (I weighed in prior to Turkey Day) - down 1.2lbs
December 2nd (back to weighing in on Friday) - down 0.6

So all in all nothing HORRIBLE but definitely not great.  I have lost my motivation and am being careless.  I'm eating almost anything I want and in large quantities.  I know better but I keep indulging. 

It worries me.  I am extremely happy with how things have been going since May.  I actually am taking a double take of myself in some pictures. To be brutally honest, I have my Facebook profile pic set because I thought I looked skinny in it.  Granted, I am holding my adorable niece so I don't look too vain!



But I don't want to stop now. If I'm happy now, imagine how thrilled I will be when I reach my goal. 

For the most part, getting to this point hasn't actually been too hard on me.  Because of the WW system, you really can eat anything so you don't feel depraved.  I was religious about tracking food and points.  It just wasn't hard for me.

I guess I hit my rough patch.  Like in many aspects of my life, motivation eventually wanes.  I need a kick and maybe a weight gain will serve as that purpose.  Maybe getting back to blogging will help as well.  Something has to happen because I don't want to fail at this.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sarah, I definitely feel your pain. My sweet tooth does me in on a nearly daily basis. Do you have a plan for Christmas/New Years or do you plan on waiting until after the new year to get back at it?