Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Losing It

Well, at least that is the goal.

I have been waiting to update the blog until I got some pictures loaded into my computer.  But it just hasn't been happening so you'll have to deal without seeing the "before" picture I took.

I am on the weight loss train.  Chooo Choo!  I'm speeding right along - no stops in sight.  Of course, I'm only on Day 3 so a derailment is quite possible by say, Friday. 

Day 1 was Monday where I weighed in at work for Weight Watchers.  I was introduced to the new Points Plus system and was motivated from the get go.  Motivated by how horrible my weight has crept up and motivated by the new way of thinking.  I needed motivation, I needed a good ol boost of "I think I can. I think I can"  to turn into "I know I can. I know I can". 

Like I mentioned, I took a before picture which I am not pleased about but I guess that's the point of a "before" picture.  I have read other weight loss blogs and many people post the forbidden number but right now, I just don't want it out there.  Maybe one day when I've put some poundage to the side, I will announce just where I started from.  Plus, you can draw your own conclusions once I post my picture.

Besides staying in my Points for the past couple of days, I also started at the gym today.  Hooray for getting out of bed early!  I simply walked the treadmill for 30 min.  Would have gone more but I got there a bit late and needed to get to work.  I also signed up for a cardio class on Mon, Wed, Fri from 7-7:45am.  See I'm going all out!

I've started off strong before and just eventually simmered down so I need to figure out what is going to keep me motivated.  This isn't a diet - this truly is a life change for me.  I do think I can do it.  I want to do it.  I need to keep myself accountable so I am tracking my food, tracking my activity and sharing here.  I plan on having a Weigh In Monday post each week to keep myself honest. 

So here I go...anyone want to join me on my little party train? All aboard!

2 comments:

Santrice said...

Wow! You are simply amazing and inspirational. I am just so proud of all the changes you are making in your life....the new job, graduate school, and now...this weight loss journey. Keep it up, Just tell yourself "NO" is not an option. Because, YOU are the only one who can hault this train ride to success that your embarking upon. "GO SARAH!"

Kelli said...

Yay!!! I just re-joined WW this week too - learning all abou tth enew program and really takting the time to get myself together "again".

Good luck to you my lovely - I'm right here with you - swimminmg along to skinnier, healthier lives. I wish we loved closer sweetie - but we can virtually support each other!