Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekly Weigh-in: Week One

Welcome to Weigh In Monday Tuesday!

"Hi, love of my life.  How are you on this lovely Tuesday?"
"Lovely wife thanks for calling me.  I love you."
"Why I love you too dear.  Guess what?  I lost weight!"
"Fantabulous!"
"Guess how much I lost?"
"10 pounds"
"WTF JAMES! How can you say *#&$(*% 10 pounds?  The average weight loss is 1-2 pounds!! Now my loss sounds measly next to 10 freaking pounds!!!"
"I just woke up."
"Whatever"

Ok, so only half this conversation is true and perhaps not quite so much profanity. 

Balloon. Deflated. 

Luckily I quickly rebounded and can say that I am still quite happy with a 5.4 pound loss in 8 days!  Hooray, hooray!  My sagging self esteem (along with other saggy parts) got a great little boost.  Now, I understand that I will not be losing this much week every week but it was a great way to get things rolling for me. 

I am a happy camper knowing that I didn't feel too damn deprived.  I had a tall mocha frappacino yesterday.  2 small chocolate chip cookies another day!  I survived a BBQ and a birthday celebration. I up'd my intake on veggies, fruits, whole grains, and water.  This whole balanced lifestyle thing may be doable afterall!!

11 comments:

Mrs. Lukie said...

Woohoo!! SO happy for you, Sarah! What a great feeling of accomplishment :) And, like you said--how nice to know that you don't have to deprive yourself of the little treats here & there, if you're eating a well balanced diet.

Keep it up!

Nancy said...

congrats!!

Karyn said...

YAY! I definately know the feeling of small successes - remember it's one day and sometimes even one meal at a time!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

awesome! Congrats! And that is a LOT for one week. Men are weird and pick high numbers, dont let that get you down! :). It is a lot of motivation to see such results at the start, i totally know. Yay!

Raphael said...

Awesome work Sarah! Keep going; its the excitement and enthusiasm that will burn the most calories!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much everyone. And as a disclaimer - James is wonderfully supportive of me ...he's just sleep deprived...and a man ; )

lenebene said...

Great job Sarah!!! That is wonderful!!

Unknown said...

Nicely done, Sarah!

Steph said...

Yay!!! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up and remember that little rewards and milestones can definitely help keep the motivation up!

Kelli said...

Wooooooohooooooooo! Congrats Dean!!!

Anonymous said...

lmao men always lose weight faster. I figure it's because they have fewer organs in there. ;)

And damn girl but go you! 5 lbs in one week impresses me!!