Monday, May 2, 2011

Never Have I Ever

At 4 years old and at 33 years old, Lillian and I experienced a first in both of our lives.  We flew a kite.

It was cool out but plenty of wind.  The smile, laugh, and screams that filled the field were some of the best I've seen and heard.  It was a moment where I  stopped, watched her, and prayed that I would never ever forget.

Since this was my first time flying a kite (Lilly actually let me get a few seconds in) it got me thinking of the drinking game "I Never". To those who have never played, a person says something like "I have never flown a kite" and the people who have indeed flown a kite, drinks.  Granted the game usually has a bit more imaginative statements  than one about flying a kite but my parents read this blog and I just don't want to share those juicy tidbits I learned about loved ones at my bachelorette party many years ago.

Anyway, kite flying seems to be just one of those things everyone has done except me.  I've also never been to the circus or gone horse back riding. Up until childbirth, I had never been in the hospital...after that, I became a regular for awhile.  I'm certain there are more things but those are the ones the pop into mind. 

So how about you? Are there any common things that you've never done? 

3 comments:

Steph said...

I've never seen "It's a Wonderful Life." Tim swears every year he'll make me sit down and watch it, but so far that has yet to happen.

I LOVE the visual of you guys flying a kite together!

Anna said...

Never had or been to an Easter egg hunt until this year.

Julia said...

I've never been to a wedding where the ceremony took place indoors.