Monday, June 6, 2011

Ups and Downs - Weekly Weigh In

Let me tell you, it's much more fun to share about a weight loss than a weight gain.  But I opened this journey to all of you so I am not going to close it just because I hit a snag.  I did gain just a little bit.  .2 lbs to be extact.  Yes, that's a decimal point in front of the 2.  So not a soul crushing gain at all but when coming off of a 5 lb loss the week before, it's a little disappointing.

The thing needling me is that I'm not quite sure what I did wrong.  I exercised two days and the one day about killed me.  I don't think I went over my allotted extra points.  I did induldge this weekend (hello red velvet cupcake!) but that is what the extra points you are given each week are for.  So either I underestimated some point values throughout the week or I induldged way more than I thought, or maybe it was my lack of good water intake and actually not eating enough points each day.

I can't really pinpoint what happened and since this is only Week 2 - I am going to try to not obsess about it.  Try. 

I'm having a hard time mentally working myself up to work out.  I started the Cardio Class   Personal Trainer on Wednesday and even made it back on Friday (again, no one else showed up).  But this morning, I had no intention on getting out of bed - especially after Lillian came in and curled up next to me.   Those times are just to precious to pass up.

I think I have the personality that I need to really like whatever I'm doing in order to actually do it.  I love yoga and I think I would enjoy "fun" exercise like Zumba but time just has not allowed me to take any classes.  I am regretting this Cardio class and wish I had just stuck to going to the gym and doing my own thing. 

Will I go back on Wednesday? I honestly don't know.  I hate seeing myself as a quitter and if I do quit, you know I can't go back to that gym and face my trainer.  Ugh!  Logically, I know I should just suck it up and go.  I know you are all chanting that this very minute.  I just wish my mental games would end and my brain was full of your encouragements instead of that pesky voice that says things like It's Monday.  You don't have to get up early.  And look here, your one and only child wants to snuggle you.  Or something like I'm sure to hear on Wednesday when the alarm goes off: You don't have to go to that class. You can lose weight without it. Just sleep in and you can do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred tonight.
That damn voice wins 9 out of 10 times.

Anyway, we will see where the week takes me.  If I gain/stay the same next week, then I will need to re-evaluate and start taking a food scale where ever I go.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

One thing I learned, is don't try to figure it out :) Take this week and let it be the past, you weighed in, start fresh.

I defintely know that there are some weeks where I bust my butt at the gym and "follow the plan", and gain...it's just how my body is. Remember to chart your month as well - is it right before or after your period? Did you work out before of after your weigh in? Did you take your shoes off, etc. These are all things I think about when I wonder why I haven't lost or I gained.

Also, remember that you aren't going to lose every week - there will be stand stills and sometimes gains. As long as the losses outweigh the gains, you'll be good!

You've got this Momma D!!! I'm rooting for you.

And yeah, I'm with you on having a fun exercise to keep me going. I love Zumba (or any dance class where I get to shake it and as long as I'm moving it doesn't matter)...maybe you can mix in the fun stuff with the trainer? That's what I'm doing at work - I do spin class and dread it, but then I have a walking DVD, Jillian 30 DS, and some dance videos (why not get the girl to dance around with you too? QT and exercise rolled into one!)

Keep it going Momma D - you've got this!

Julie said...

Hey!! Its letting me post. I thought I needed to be a member.

Hey Sarah, its Julie. I thought I would try to post cause I'm not sure you saw my email from last week. I sent it to the one you have posted on this site.

Don't give up!!! .2 pounds is well within the error of most scales. I would chalk it up as not loosing or gaining. And Kelli was right, it might be normal monthly variations. I avoid the scale at all cost the days leading up to my period.

I miss my spin classes. The bikes they have here SUCK!! The only other things to do here are free weights and running. I hate runnig. I just ordered a mat pilates dvd and a vinyasa yoga dvd. Can't wait for them to arrive.

If you need a specific voice yelling in your ear when your still in bed every morning, you can use mine!

Keep going! You can do it!

Oh! Just had another idea. I know you've previously mentioned polycystic ovaries. Are you taking metformin? Email me later if the answer is no.