Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekly Weigh In - Week 3

I find myself compulsively weighing myself at home.  I know this is not healthy but I keep doing it anyway.  I scratch my own head wondering why I do this since my scale seems to like to add a couple of pounds compared to the one at my meeting.  But I seem to be obsessed with weighing myself at different times and with varying degrees of undress to see what really makes the difference.  The only big thing I saw was the time of day.  When I weighed myself last night I was 3lbs heavier than I was at noon.  Viva la early weigh ins!

Anyway, that's just my long introduction on saying that I did lose weight this week: 1.2lbs and I'll take it. (Weight loss total at 6.4lbs). It was a relatively good week.  I passed up one of my favorites - a Fannie May Turtle.  Yes, Weight Watchers does allow you to eat whatever you want but 1. I need to learn how to say NO and 2. I knew I was going out to eat shortly after to a Mexican restaurant for my boss' farewell lunch. 

I probably overdid it at lunch.  I should have wrapped half my portion to start.  But it was soooo tremendously good.  I had steak quesadillas (chosen over some yummy  fattening cheesy enchiladas) that I slathered with guacamole.  I don't know if its because I'm eating healthier or this was just one fantastic restaurant but it just melted in my mouth. 

Once I got to a computer, I did my best to estimate my points. And it was high.  But because WW allows you extra points every week I didn't feel that guilty.  And luckily, the scale was good to me.  (If anyone from WW is reading, I would be happy to be a compensated blogger!)

Next week will be the true test.  On Sunday, I will be leaving on a mini vacation with my crew of two and some wonderful friends. Just a few days and a couple of hours away but I'm so over-the-moon excited!  Goodbye work (although I'll likely carry my pager just in case.  And for those of you who don't know me, yes I carry a pager. Yes, I live in 2011. No, I'm not that important).  Hello relaxation.  And when you relax, who really wants to be counting points or watching portion size?  Not me!  Seriously, though, I am going to try my best to follow the plan.  The good news is that we'll be cooking for ourselves so I can control what I devour a bit easier. 

I will try to weigh in on Sunday before I leave so I can have a nice fresh start with (hopefully) even more pounds in the negative column.

Thank you all for your wonderful support!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Yesssssssssssssss! Great update.

Trust me - you'll survive on vacation, just remember to stay away from the kitchen and be active with Lillian. One thing you might want to try? Find a WW meetign where you are going and go weigh in on your normal day. My sister and I did this on our huge family vaca 2 years ago, and it was AWESOME. We both gained (.4 and .2 I think?) so it was nice to know that we were able to enjoy vacation (hello reese's sundae) and be more active!

You've got this!

P.S. Want me to page you some good reminders ;)

Sarah said...

LOL - thank you Kelli. Page me with the 411! Hehe.

Email me and give me an update on fantastic you!

And that's a great idea about finding a location close to where we will be!!