Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Cold Shoulder

Yes, it is hot out.  No doubt.  I am tremendously thankful that I do not work outdoors and have A/C in my home, work and car.  I just looked up on weather.com and saw that the temp is 96 but feels like 109.  Yuck.  It's definitely not fun weather, just ask Lillian who has been indoors more than outdoors these last couple of days. 

But I will take this heat over the bitterness and evil of winter. 

I will take this heat because not too long ago, this is what happened....

February 2, 2011
 I was at work when it started.  I left early (thankfully I am of no real use at a hospital during a crisis).  I chose the side streets over the expressway.  I was so fearful that I would get stuck on the roads.  Luckily I got home very slowly but safely.

 By the next day we were left with the 3rd largest blizzard in Chicago history. 
 Only 1 person I know actually enjoyed the storm. 
 She "assisted" me with the shoveling until the appeal of climbing mountains of snow just became to appealing.
I shoveled, brushed off two cars and dug both of them out of their spaces.  It took hours.  I was incapacitated for the rest of the day.

NO THANK YOU.

Yes, I may sweat during this heat wave but my lack of garage only causes me a few moments of heat until my AC kicks in.  It does not cause me to become near frost bit.

Getting to work for the next several days was even worse than traveling during the actual blizzard.  NO THANK YOU.

And besides the blizzard, winter just overall sucks.  I fell at least 3 times over the dreary months in my parking lot.  Two years ago my car skidded into a curb because of the slickness.  It gets dark out at like 4pm.  NO THANK YOU.

I know some people feel the opposite of me and to them I say, Come over and shovel my sidewalk this winter if you like snow so freaking much.

No comments: