Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekly Weigh In - Week 9. I Do!

I want to marry Weight Watchers.  I think we'd be very happy together.  Hopefully James won't mind sharing me with my new love.  Weight Watchers gives me something that he just can't even fulfill. I ate pizza two days in a row this weekend and still managed to lose 2.2 lbs.  Oh yes, that is true love.

So tonight I celebrated with 4 oz of wine, 40 cloves of garlic chicken, and bread smothered with said garlic clove.  It was good. Very good.

I know many people have their own variation of the Garlic Chicken but this is how I made it.  The best part? I did it in the crock pot!

This recipe was adapted from Alton Brown by a couple of women on a forum that I frequent. 

Into your slow cooker:

6-8 large frozen chicken breasts
40 whole cloves of garlic
10 large sprigs of fresh thyme
1 can of chicken broth
1/4 cup of evoo
1 cup of white wine
salt and pepper

Cook on low for about 7 hours.

It was suggested to use the juice of one lemon and then quarter it and add to the crock pot. I personally would not do this again.  I think the lemon taste took away from the garlicky goodness of this recipe.  But that's just me and James. 
Warning - peeling 40 cloves of garlic takes awhile.  I suggest forcing your significant other to help you the night before or even better, buy frozen peeled garlic cloves.

Hmm perhaps I should marry garlic chicken, or wine, or my crock pot too. 

What do you want to marry?

2 comments:

Angel said...

Love crockpot recipes like this! Also, the Asian market here sells peeled garlic cloves in the refrigerated/fresh section. It is so convenient! Highly recommend if you can find them!

Unknown said...

Antonio Banderas!!

Oh, wait, you said "what."

I'll have to get back to you on that.

BTW, great job this week!