Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Random Tuesday

#1 - Not enough motivation for an entire post so Weekly Weigh In is included here.  Week 10: -1 lb.  Slow, so so slow but steady.  I've heard someone say, "You didn't gain the weight overnight, you shouldn't expect to lose it overnight".  Pshhhh. A. Gaining weight is hell of a lot more fun and 2. I can gain 10 lbs a whole lot faster (and happier) than losing it.  But I lost, I shouldn't be complaining.  I'll stop.

#2 - Starting August 22nd, I'm headed back to school!  Class is registered for and financial aid has been received.  I will be taking Organizational and Human Resource Management.  I am nervous about the whole never stepping foot into the classroom aspect of online learning.  But you gotta do what you gotta do and I gotta do this.

#3 - So what's worse: Complaining or Bragging?  After you decide, please continue reading.  My new supervisor at work started yesterday.  I'm hoping this will be another great boss in a long line of great bosses (I've been very lucky).  She told me she met briefly with the COO of the hospital.  For 5 of the 10 minutes they met, the COO apparently went on and on about me.  Good things too!  Ego inflated. At full tank. 

#4 - Lillian was up before I left again this morning (please recall that this means instant guilt trip for leaving my one and only child). With half of my body out the door, she told me to be careful.  "Be careful, it's hot. Don't get burned. It's hot out, the sun is out. Watch out for snakes (we live in suburban Chicago). Watch out for bears. But bears are in cages and we can go look at them. Be careful."    Huh, she's captured my worry gene rather well.

#5 - I am having issues with Blogger.  When I go to another person's blog and try to comment, it won't link me with my account.  I am logged into gmail, logged into blogspot but for some reason it will post me as anonymous.  Can anyone help me?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the compliments from the hospital COO! :)

As for the Blogger problems, I am having the same issues. The only work-around I have found, is when I log into blogger, I cannot click the "remember me" box. If I click that box, I cannot comment on other people's blogs, (unless it's a pop-up comment box, then sometimes it works.) But if I skip the "remember me" box, I can leave comments. It's a hassle to have to log in again every single time I want to read blogs, but it's the only fix I've found to this problem, so far!

Sarah said...

Megan - thank you so much for that tip. Gonna try that out!

Nancy said...

Congrats!