Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weekly Way In - My Motivation

Sha-na-na-na, Sha-na-na-na
Hey, Hey, Hey
Goodbye!

25 pounds off and gone.  Hopefully never to be heard from again! 

As promised I did lose weight this week, 0.6 lbs, which proves just how workable the WW program really is.  Bring on the tapas and sangria baby because I'm still losing!

Today's meeting revolved around keeping your motivation.  Right now, my motivation is this strange little feeling called confidence. I don't think I have ever felt quite so good about myself.  I have never felt so secure.

The scale is going down, my clothes are looser, and people who don't even know that I am on WW are beginning to comment on my weight loss.  It feels good to be noticed in this way.

But honestly, I think the weight loss has only been one component to that.  It helps tremendously that I am not in the midst 20something confusion,  I feel focused and appreciated at work, my marriage (as far as I know ;) is as stable and loving as it has ever been.  Looking in the mirror, I am picking out more good things then bad. 

I feel more attractive and comfortable in my skin.  Perhaps my ego got a bit of a boost with what I believe may be workplace crushes that a couple individuals may or may not have for me.  Plus buying a couple new bras that actually fit is making me stand a bit prouder (and higher). 

Why couldn't I feel like this 10 years ago? 

2 comments:

Mrs. Lukie said...

I LOVE this post! Congrats, Sarah...you are doing amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo for 25!!!