Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weigh In and Birthday Cake

I don't like going more than 1 week without a blog.  It's not so much an ego thing, me thinking that you are waiting and wondering when I will update. No.  It's more me trying to be disciplined and not fall out of the habit of keeping myself writing.  The longer I go, the harder it is to get back into the swing of things.

I've been wanting to share my Weekly Weigh In numbers but to also share a fun weekend.  This week's scale was kind, showing in bright red numbers that I was down another pound.  I even got a sticker for achieving another 5lbs lost - now for a total of 15.4lbs.

Again, I claim true love for the Weight Watchers program.  I love losing weight while still living and enjoying life.  This weekend I enjoyed said life by throwing James a little surprise party for his upcoming birthday. 

James is not the biggest fan of birthdays.  I don't believe it has much to do with the aging aspect as it is the whole pageantry surrounding it and by some previous let downs surrounding the big day.  But he married a chick who loves the birthday.  One of my life motto's is "Everyone deserves a birthday cake on their birthday".  A birthday is a special day after all and you should take the chance to celebrate the most important person in your life - YOU!  I have no problem taking the spotlight for that little chunk of time each year and bask in the glory of me cake. 

The party came together quickly.  Our good friends had made plans to visit that day so I took it upon myself to also invite a few more people.  Because of our little house and our backyard not being quite so visitor friendly yet, I had to limit who was invited.  That was the only bummer.

I love hosting parties - I just don't do it often because of the aforementioned tiny house.  It was nice to be in total control of the food.  A girl in the middle of a lifestyle change is often hampered by the lovely goodness of spinach dips and onions dips at parties.  This party I had a beautiful platter of fruit and sandwiches. 

There were two naughty things though. 

1. Ambrosia - nectar from the gods.  Well, maybe not as good as the immortal magic of ambrosia but sangria certainly tastes good, doesn't it?  It's my drink of choice lately.  To my happiness I've also discovered that 4oz of sangria is only 3 WW points.  Not too horrible.

2. Cake!  I told you, everyone deserves cake on their birthdays!  And since it was not actually James' birthday - he will get another cake on his actual day.  It just has to be done that way.

So what's better than cake on your birthday?  A FREAKING AWESOME CAKE on your birthday.

I told you, I have some talented, amazing friends.  One talented, amazing friend created this for James:

If you haven't guessed, James likes to fish. 

 Everything...EVERYTHING was edible!

If you are looking for a cake in the tradition of Ace of Cakes and live in the Chicago land area, I've got the girl for you! 

Oh before I forget, I also had a Culver's burger on Sunday for dinner....and french fries! Did I tell you that I lost a pound? 

1 comment:

Diane said...

Culver's = best burgers

And that is one damn impressive cake! I cannot believe the ENTIRE thing was edible!

Great job with the weight loss! :D :D :D