Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Me, Stylish? Well schucks!

Stylish is definitely not a word typically used to describe me but I thank Michele at Just Add Whine....and Wine for the Stylish Blogger Award! 

So here's the dealio:
1. Make this post and link back to the person who gave the award to me.

2. Share 7 things about myself.

3. Award 5 great bloggers.

4. Contact the bloggers to tell them they’ve won!

Without further ado, I present to you - Seven Things about Sarah

1.  I almost killed a woman because of the creature below.  Strangulation.  The victim?  My mother.  I was so terrified of ET that I clung to my mother's neck in complete homicidal fear.  Although I am not scared of him today, 29 years later...take a look.  He really is freaky looking.

2. I never spent the night in a hospital, never had surgery until I had Lillian.  Not only was she born via C-section  but 3 months after, my gallbladder was removed and then my appendix out the next year. Plus the spots on the brain....having a baby has been hazardous to my health.

3.  Keeping on the health front, my body is just weird.  I never had any pain associated with my gallbladder. The docs caught it by accident.  My appendix? A little stitch in my side and I just happened to be at the doctor for another reason so I mentioned it.  My body would not respond to being induced.  Don't even talk to me about pain medications.  I can take Vicodin & Valium  like M&Ms and not be effected.  

4.  I ran my first (possibly only) 5K this summer.  I did awesomely bad! I think one person knows my time.

5. I am spending entirely too much time trying to think of unique and/or interesting things to say about myself.  I do not see this as a good sign of me living an exciting life.

6. My college career began as a Pre-Physical Therapy major.  I learned quickly that my strengths were not in the science and math arena.  I quickly changed to English.  

7. As an English/Writing major, I naturally took several creative writing classes.  I did well in them all yet I was always so guarded to show anyone my writing outside of my classroom.  Writing this blog and actually letting more than a handful of people know about it is a major step.  But if one of my life goals is to be published, I best get used to it.


OK, that was totally painful and now it is the following blogs turn.....



2. Michelle @ Mom Gone Wild 

 3. Nancy @ Crazy Mrs. Nancy 
 
4. Sarah @ Sarah Says... 
 

Thanks for reading!






1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oooh that will give me something to talk about hehe. Thanks!