Monday, January 10, 2011

This is NOT a resolution.

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

I have a bad habit of not finishing what I start. I get excited about something, dive in and yet I end up losing interest, get focused on something else, or just can't figure out how to balance.  Sometimes I don't even attempt something because I'll just assume that eventually I will stop so why bother starting.  

In my heart, I know this is not the way to live life.  I know that I can change if I just allow myself to.  So here I am, once again, starting things up here as part of my seeking peace within myself.  I have been yearning for some sort of spiritual awakening yet I have done little to nothing to put myself on the path of enlightenment.  Now, I want to do something about it.

This morning at work, I was leafing through a magazine and saw an article about a Gretchen Rubin who wrote the book The Happiness Project .  In skimming the article and her website, it looks like each month she focused on a particular category (Money, Marriage, etc).  I said, "Why that's not a half bad idea".  I also said "Damn it, another idea that could have so easily have been mine and I could have been making millions of dollars by now. I mean, HELLO...PILLOW PET!"

On her website, http://www.happiness-project.com/ , you can sign up and she'll send assignments out for you each month but I figured I could easily fill up 12 months worth of areas that I have been wanting to explore on my own.  Granted, it may not all be ground breaking stuff but it will be areas in which I am interested and want to explore.

When to start?  Do I wait til Feb? I really don't want to although my first planned topic of Fitness sure would be easier to swallow on a month with only 28 days.  Maybe I should read her book first and get some inspiration?  Of course, that does take me getting myself out to the library.

Well, I will start by getting of this blog site at work for the time being and start coming up with some ideas.  I will use this blog to document my experiences but also for all the other stuff in my life that I would like to share with the world.

So, I will either appear here again shortly or you won't see me for another 6 months when I will entitle a new post "Ooops, I Did It Again".

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy to see you back!Happy 2011!

Sarah said...

Thank you Nancy!