Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Price Check

You have heard the joke, the funny scenario many times before.   You are at a check out line, purchasing something embarrassing (this can range from douche products, x rated magazines with unfortunate titles, box of extra small or extra large condoms.  You get the point) and the check out person has to yell out "Price Check - Summer's Eve Extra Strength Feminine Hygiene - 82 ounce bottle" . 

Yea, well I had one of those moments last night.  For some, this may not sound like a big deal at all.  But I'm the type of gal who never appreciated bathroom humor or jokes about one's bodily functions.  I am a big ol prude that way.  Keep that in mind as you read....

My dear child doesn't like to poop.  She holds it in and fights going.  I believe without a doubt that if we didn't bribe her with chocolate (more specifically she has weaseled her way into "Mommy's favorite Chocolate" aka Lindt Truffles), she would be going on 6 months with no bowel movement.  This has been an ongoing battle that has resulted in phone calls to the doctor and a dose of glycerin suppository and now a steady diet of Miralax. 

Yesterday, I ran out to Walgreen's to pick up a new bottle.  The store brand bottle was on sale for $6.  Sweet!  Now, I admit to a little tiny bit of embarrassment when picking up a laxative.  Sure, I want to say to the check out guy "Ohh yea, my 4 year old has trouble pooping. This is totally not for me" but I don't because, hey I'm an adult and I should be able to handle things like buying laxatives and Skittles all in one transaction.

When my total comes to $14, pride (and cheapness) overtakes embarrassment and I ask just how much that laxative rang up for.  I tell him its on sale and he gets another guy to do a price check.  Since I hate being that person in line, I insist on check out guy to void out my transaction and to take other customers.  Eventually other guy comes back with this MEGA bottle of off brand Miralax.  Like seriously, I've seen bigger containers of Gatorade being poured over a coach after a winning game.   He's like "This is $19!" showing the entire line my daughter's poop medicine.  Really it's for my daughter!!

Things are quickly resolved when I take my little friend to the aisle to where the nice sale sign is displayed in bright yellow.  I pay for my, I mean her, medicine and my Skittles and leave Walgreen's with my head up and several laughing customers behind. 

No comments: