Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dear Lillian

Dear Lillian,

As if we did not have enough in our arsenal to embarrass you from freshman year in high school to college graduation.  I mean saying "Daddy I pooped.....it looks like a dolphin!"  and the time you colored your face and feet with red marker saying "Mommy, I look like a clown!"  or running around the house with your pants around your ankles was quite enough.  You certainly did not have to make things even easier by taking your toddler sized mechanisms of chaos and chopping off your beautiful hair.

Your Daddy called me at work and told me what you did.  I wasn't too concerned, after all your cousin once did a bang up job on her bangs.  It was only until Daddy sent me pictures on my phone before the panic set in.

I called "Please tell me its not as bad as it looks."

"It's as bad as it looks"

This was around 3pm.  Do you think I got any work done the rest of the day? 

My mind was completely occupied by sending pictures to my sisters and fellow preschool mom.  I had to call my parents.  And post on my parent based message board. And tell some of the people I work with.  Yes, I love my job but some things just beat the old 9-5.  

Daddy said you seemed very sad and were mopping around the rest of the day.  That makes me feel sad myself but I am hoping this will teach you something.....Blackmail exists my dear.  
Love,

Mommy



This is my beautiful daughter before her handy haircut.  I actually only recently had it cut into this cute little bob.  Before it was much longer.
This is my beautiful daughter after her Edward Scissorhand imitation.

She had a short lived mullet and now looks more like this.


But that's okay.  It is just hair.  It will grow back.  And somehow the short do is growing on me.










2 comments:

Nancy said...

I kind of love the new haircut anyway! hehe :)

Kelli said...

I love the new haircut...and your stories are hilarious :)