Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

Days like today, I really wish we had a garage.

As Lillian watches her Tom & Jerry for the 1st time today (let's see how many times she gets us to put it one again), I wonder when I will get out of my warm pajamas and head out to the winter wonderland called my front yard. 

Days like this I wish I had my own snowsuit.

So yes, this is the Blizzard of 2011.  I have not yet seen the "I Survived the Chicago Blizzard of 2011" Facebook page but I know it is just a matter of time.  Chicago has seen a few nasty snow storms in its history: 1967 (not born), 1979 (too young too remember) and 1999 (????).  Why the hell don't I have any recollection of the '99 blizzard?  I was old enough, I was in college but I know I didn't drink the memories away.  This is slightly upsetting.  Although I make fun of my spotty brain, it is slightly worrisome that I can't recall the second worse blizzard in Chicago history .  Maybe I was drunk.

Today, on my snow day, I will clean up around the house, attempt to shovel the sidewalk, throw Lillian into the snow and take pictures, climb back into my PJs and snuggle in a down comforter for the rest of the day. 

Oh and Comcast is supposed to come here between 2-7pm.  Think they will make it?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so happy that I'm not the only person who doesn't remember the snow storm of 99. Where the hell was I?

Sarah said...

You must have been drunk with me!