Monday, February 14, 2011

A Lazy Valentine

I am a lazy Valentine this year.  

I'm not a Valentine hater, I actually like this holiday.  And although people proclaim it a Hallmark holiday, it really is not.  Although Hallmark certainly had its hand in commercializing to the extreme, V-Day has been around longer than the greeting card or flower company.

In my household, we don't go all out for the red hearts and candle lit dinner - James blames my birthday being so close but I call hogwash on that. However, I normally like to make the day at least a little special.  Not so much this year.

Last week, thankfully, Lillian and I found ourselves in a Walgreens and I got a couple of things done early.  Take that procrastination!  She picked out cards for her school friends and a couple of items for Daddy.  Other than that, there was squat. 

I had no energy...better yet desire...to do anything extra for her preschool party.  Those kids got a Cars Valentine, written out by moi on Sunday night after Lillian went to bed. No candy. No pencil. No stickers.   Teachers didn't even get a little chocolate.

I am very zen about the day.  Maybe its been a bad track record of friends losing those that meant the world to them recently but today, I am just reflecting on the love and blessings that surround me everyday.

My 2 favorite Valentine's:
Happy Valentine's Day to All and to All A Good Night!

No comments: