Monday, August 22, 2011

2 + 3 = 9 (And Weekly Weigh In)

One of my biggest weaknesses is my lack of smarts when it comes to math.  Maybe not quite so bad as the title of this post may suggest but I'm pretty bad.  The calculator and I are friends. 

I've been going on and on about almost reaching my 20% of weight loss. But I'm a little bit off.  I'm actually only nearing my 10% loss.  Not sure how I got 20% stuck in my head.  The 10% is still good - a bit less exciting now - but still a nice goal to reach in the Weight Watcher universe.  A goal that I should hit next week indeed after a 1.6 lb loss today. 

Besides Weekly Weigh In Monday, I also started my first grad school class today.  My program in Health Management will be entirely online which is making me a bit nervous.  I logged in today and "met" the professor who seems like quite a good guy.  This week,he is letting us off pretty easy with the only requirement being to post about yourself and then try to get know other people.  The rest of the syllabus looks a bit challenging but what else should I expect.

Add to this my craziness of my brain and my planning of Lillian's 5th birthday party.  Lillian's birthday is December 29th.  Her party won't be until January. It is August.   Sad thing is I will plan all these details now and then once Oct/Nov/Dec arrives, I will procrastinate and nothing will get done til the last minute.  Tis my life.

Maybe this year will be different.

The themes on the table so far are: Dinosaurs or Pinkalicious.   My vote?  Pinkalicious of course!  It's a story about a girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink.  The decorating choices are just endless!

Stayed tuned!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

I know your pain all too well - I always sucked at Math too! Also Cameron's bday is Jan 3rd and his party is usually Feb lol It's hard when it Christmas and then BAM their bday. On top of all that you're trying to lose weight. All I can say is welcome to the club honey may we walk this journey together and be successful at the end of it!

Sarah said...

That sounds perfect to me! I didn't realize Cameron was a Christmastime baby too. It really is tough!