Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mercury Is Screwing Us.

Did you know that Mercury is in retrograde?  Well, it is.  Do I know what that means?  I can only assume by the way this week is going that it means stars and moons and Milky Ways, and well, Mercury are all screwed up thus making this week a really crappy one.

I know its not just me - James is having an unbelievably bad week at work - and by people's Facebook statuses - this astrological stuff may be messing with our mojo.

Poor James' birthday is landing on a Thursday during hell week.  While I am very pro-birthday - celebrate and make yourself happy and make sure everyone else is making you happy.  James is much more laid back by the whole day.  But since he married me, he has to suffer both in planning my birthday but also putting up with my planning for his birthday.

Now I did throw a pretty nice party with a cool cake but that was a couple of weeks ago.  And I'm one that thinks that even if you celebrate your birthday on another day, having another celebration on your actual birthday is a must.  Which is why I'm feeling pretty crappy tonight.

Although Lillian drew some awesome rainbows and wrote "Happy Birthday Daddy" (I only told her which letters to use) and insisted that we buy this:


I talked her out of the Princess castle one.
And we made him these (remember everyone deserves a birthday cake on their birthday).
I frosted, she sprinkled.
But I just couldn't get over the guilt of not getting James an actual present.  I mean, what's a birthday when you don't have a present to unwrap?  It wasn't an issue of figuring out a gift.  That's actually the easy part but James has such expensive taste!  Those XBox games are pricey!

I kept telling myself that it was okay that he didn't get a gift gift.  The party was his gift, right?  But the birthday girl in me knew I had to get him something.  And so I got him something that I figured he could use when he walks in the door from work.  Of course, it's wrapped in pink princess paper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be because Matt and I are having a tiff and not speaking. Damn Mercury.