Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekly Weigh In - Did I Make 10%?

So this was it, the week to reach  my first mini goal of 10% weight loss.  It should not have been hard to do.  I think I had to lose like 0.6lb to reach it.

Since I'm obsessed with weighing in at home, today was no different and I was rather taken aback and sadden to see that I had gained weight.  That immediately started my day off bad with negative self disliking thoughts that went through my head.

I came down and told James that I was probably going to skip weighing in today.  Maybe if I didn't eat much today and maybe got in some exercise that I could drop at least a pound so it wouldn't be so bad.

Since I am  at home today for Lillian's first day of preschool (round 2 since she has a late bday), I was being a bit lazy around the house and doing a lot of thinking.  It went something like this:

Well, I didn't track quite as closely this week as I normally do.  I definitely didn't drink as much water.  I was really stressed about life in general.  How am I going to balance work, Lillian, house, school and weight loss and still keep my sanity?  Pizza - naughty naughty pizza.

And then I started to think about my lil blog here.  I started to think that a few people (HI MOM!) do read this and I really wanted to be honest with myself and you.  Everyone who has ever struggled to lose weight knows that there will always be ups and downs on that scale.  

I want to be honest because who hasn't faced these inner conflicts? Sure I can lie and say I stepped of the scale and said "Tomorrow is another day!" but I didn't.  I felt cruddy and daydreamed about how easy it would be to just give up.  How nice it would have been to have popcorn with butter at the Smurfs movie yesterday.  Why do I bother? Maybe I'm just meant to be this size after all.

Funny thing is though, the more I thought about writing here, the more I wanted to NOT give up.  I wanted to show how even though challenges arise, I may still have my down moments but the important part is how you turn it all around.

So after dropping Lillian off at preschool (round 2), I drove to the drop by Weight Watchers location in town.  I stepped on the scale ready to list off my excuses. 

I lost 3lbs.

Ok, I still don't fully believe it.  My home scale has never been that off before.  I question whether I really did lose the weight but instead of beating myself up, I need to take this pleasant surprise and accept it and for at least one week, put away my home scale (I promised James).

I made it to my 10% and my next mini goal with be 20% then I'm going all the way to home plate with my goal weight.  I'm hoping to post later this week laying it all out there including my actual weight and "before" picture. 

Thanks for traveling with me on this road and keeping me accountable.


5 comments:

Angela said...

Good Job! I can so totally relate! I'm down 26 pounds on my weight loss journey and stuck. But, I have all the same excuses you do. I've lost about 14% of my body weight and really want to get to that 20! :) Good luck, Sarah!

~Angela

Julia said...

I used to be obsessed with weighing myself. Well, I don't know if I was necessarily obsessed, but stepping on the scale was part of my mourning routine. I don't know what's normal for most people, but I know that for me 2-3 lbs. of fluctuation from day to day is normal. Sometimes I fluctuate that much within a day. I think that's why they tell you to weigh yourself once a week and at the same time of day if possible. It sounds like you're doing great!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Yay!!! Great job! The scale is the devil so I hate looking at it!

Anonymous said...

I read here too!! And I think you're doing great. :)

Diane said...

You are doing awesome!!!