Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekly Weigh In Week 13 - Easy Peasy

This weekend my Mother-In-Law asked me how things were going with my weight loss.  I told her it was going great and how easy it was.  Easy.

I honestly am not sure why that particular word escaped my mouth.  Maybe my good mood of being at Lillian's ballet class watching her perform for the first time got the best of me.  Although I do love the Weight Watchers program, I would not normally classify it as easy. With any diet lifestyle change - it's going to take some work. 

It takes work to resist the "Throw in the towel and enjoy hot fudge sundaes because you are beautiful just the way you are"...which is partially true seeing that I am quite the looker.  But there are moments - plenty of them, that I wish I didn't have to track every single thing I eat.  I wish I didn't have to go to a meeting once a week to keep me accountable.  I wish I could eat this giant turtle fudge cookie that I haven't touched since beginning WW.  Yes, I could eat it - after all I really can eat anything - but I haven't been able to bring myself to indulge in that particular treat.  I have no idea how many points the Dreamy Cookie (I just made up that name) has - can't find any nutritional info on the company's website.  That just means it's really, really bad for you. 

My eyes are set on my 20% goal and I had a light bulb moment where I decided I would eat that lovely Dreamy 200+point Cookie once I hit that goal.  I felt satisfied.  But then what did I hear at my WW meeting today?  "Don't reward yourself with food".  Shit.

I get it. I really do.  But my cookie was my 20% goal prize and a nice dinner with creamy gnocchi and a bottle of wine was going to be my "AT GOAL" reward.  I may start rethinking my little awards because I do think it's important to learn that food is not the answer to everything. With food not being the answer, well, finding the right answer is not going to be easy.

What other rewards have you done?  Any ideas for me?   I'm already planning for my skinny wardrobe!!

Oh, my weigh in.  Did I trick you?  This is coming at the end but I actually did lose weight this week! YIPPEE.  My weight loss of 3.8lbs included a dinner at 5 Guys - and yes I had a burger and fries.  As well as an unexpected lunch at Red Robin  - no burger but I ate the fries.

4.4 lbs til my 20% loss.  Will I do it in 1 week? I doubt it but mark me down for a mini celebration on August 29th!

1 comment:

Kate said...

What about a massage? They have awesome chair massages here at work that I use as rewards (since they are cheap too!). Congrats on your loss!